Conveniently located to serve Fort Worth and Dallas
As we age, our skin loses it’s elasticity, valuable fat and the muscles can begin to weaken and sag. All of these things work together to create an appearance that can look aged, sad or tired. Many people, men and women alike, have undergone blepharoplasty, or an eyelid Lift, to improve the appearance of their eyelids to create a more energetic and youthful look.
Let’s take a look at some of the common issues eyelid surgery addresses:
- It removes excess skin from the lower eyelid
- It removes excess fatty deposits or puffiness in the upper eyelid
- It removes bags and droopiness in the lower eyelid
- It can improve visibility by removing excess sagging skin from the upper eyelid
Ideal candidates for eyelid surgery are in good physical health with no life-threatening illness, medical conditions or eye diseases. They should be non-smokers and have positive, realistic expectations for the outcome.
Let’s take a look at the procedure itself:
- First, anesthesia will be administered intravenously or through general anesthesia.
- The incisions for eyelid surgery will be hidden within your natural eyelid creases or done inside the lid.
- The procedure may be performed on the upper lids alone, the lower lids alone or on both the upper and lower eyelids together.
- Excess skin will be removed, and depending on the patients inpidual needs and goals, fat deposits will be repositions or removed, and muscles and tissue will be tightened.
- The incisions are closed with surgical tape, skin adhesives or removable or absorbable sutures.
- Results will be revealed gradually while you heal and the swelling and bruising of the procedure goes down.
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks. It is important to know these risks and discuss them as well as any questions or concerns you may have with your Plastic Surgeon. Following the procedure, you will have certain restrictions to adhere to as you heal. If you experience any chest pain or shortness of breath, you would seek medical attention right away.
Your Eyelid Surgery will be performed by Dr. Walter Gracia at his office in Fort Worth, TX
Click here to contact Dr. Walter Gracia and set up your personal consultation.