Conveniently located to serve Fort Worth and Dallas
At our practice in Fort Worth, Facelift is one of Dr. Gracia’s favorite procedures. These days there are more options than ever before when it comes to facial rejuvenation, but still, one of the most popular and effective ways to bring youth back into the face remains to be facelift surgery. Facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to lift the face to decrease common signs of aging in the areas of the face and neck.
Let’s take a look at some of the issues which can be improved through facelift surgery: It can improve the appearance of a double chin
- It can improve sagging caused by fallen or displaced fat
- It can improve the appearance of jowls
- It can minimize sagging throughout the middle of the face
- It can minimize deep creasing which appears from the nose down to the corners of the mouth
- It can minimize deep creasing under the lower eyelids
Often times a facelift surgery may be done in conjunction with a brow lift or eyelid lift surgery for a more complete rejuvenation. It’s important to note that while a facelift surgery is one of the most comprehensive facial rejuvenation procedures, there are some things it will not change. Your fundamental appearance will not be altered through a facelift, nor will it keep your face from aging further in the future.
Are you a Good Candidate for Facelift?
Ideal candidates for a facelift procedure are in good physical and mental health, non-smokers, with a realistic expectation for the procedure outcome. As with all surgical procedures, there are risks which you should discuss in detail with your Plastic Surgeon. You should ask any and all questions and address your goals and concerns with your Plastic Surgeon in order to assure a safe procedure and positive outcome.
Let’s Take a Look at the Procedure:
- First comes the anesthesia which may be introduced intravenously or through general anesthesia.
- Next, the incision will be made. You may opt for a traditional facelift, in which the incision usually begins at the temples in the hairline and goes around the ear to end at the lower scalp. The fat will be re-sculpted or re-distributed, muscles of the face will be lifted and excess skin will be removed.
- During a limited incision facelift, the incisions are shorter and start at the temples, continue around the ear and possibly include the lower eyelids or upper lip. Additionally, a neck lift may be performed alone or in addition to one of the above to lift the skin of the jowls and neck with an incision that starts in front of the ear and wraps around to the lower scalp.
- The incisions are typically hidden in the hairline or in natural creases.
- As you heal, your results will be more and more revealed. The swelling and bruising will go down and you will be left with a well-rested, revitalized, and more youthful appearance.
How Much Does a Facelift Cost in Fort Worth?
The cost of the procedure can vary on a number of factors. As an experienced facelift Fort Worth surgeon, Dr. Gracia will meet with you in his office to discuss all options and pricing.
Your Facelift will be performed by Dr. Walter Gracia at his office in Fort Worth, TX
After Your Surgery
Following the procedure, during your recovery, it will be important to follow your Plastic Surgeon’s instructions and restrictions for optimal healing. It may take several months for incision line to fully mature and swelling to completely go down. You will need to continually be aware of staying protected from the sun. If you experience any shortness of breath or chest pain, seek medical attention immediately.
Schedule Your Consultation
Dr. Gracia’s patients consider him to perform the best facelift Fort Worth has to offer. Click here to contact Dr. Walter Gracia and set up your personal consultation.