A turkey wattle or turkey neck occurs due to aging. The skin on the neck can develop wrinkles, making it look like the neck of a turkey. This can seriously affect the overall facial looks of a person. You can get rid of the turkey wattle easily through a procedure known as a neck lift.
What is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure done on the lower part of the face. It helps to remove sagging skin in the neck area and can improve overall facial appearance. It is usually done along with a face-lift. It is an ideal procedure for those who want to get rid of a turkey wattle.
How is the Neck Lift Done?
The neck lift is a surgical procedure, which is done under local anesthesia with sedation. It involves the following:
- An incision is made behind the two ears and below the chin.
- Liposuction is the preferred procedure to remove excess fat from this area.
- Excess skin tissue is removed during the procedure, and the skin muscles are tightened.
- Once the procedure is complete, the incisions are closed using sutures or staples.
- The surgeon’s instructions need to be followed post-surgery to ensure a smooth recovery.
The result of the neck lift may take a few weeks to become apparent. The ugly-looking turkey wattle would have disappeared. The neck would look well-contoured, improving overall appearance.